Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Family Photos, Doug Dubois








His images are full of tension. The family seems unhappy and almost overwhelmed. They rarely interact with one another. Often, even though there may be more then one person in the frame, they are usually not acknowledging one another. The rare acknowledgment by one subject is almost never reciprocated by the other. I think his portraits use light nicely, but some of his candids seem static. I don't always understand how some of the interior shots fit in with the rest of the series other than the fact that they have been taken within the home environment.
The series is interesting. It has gotten me to question what kind of photographs I'm trying to make of my family.

3 comments:

Mike and Bobbi Stouffer said...

Very good photography.

a moustache and some wind said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
a moustache and some wind said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.